Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Food Glorious Food

I love food. I love to cook and I love to eat out. I tend to eat at higher end restaurants when I go out as I don't like to order food I can easily cook at home. Below is a short list of my current favourites and what I love to eat there.

1. La Brasserie - A fantastic French brasserie at Darlinghurst. Wonderful atmosphere, great food, great wine, great people. The food is always superb and excellent value. I love the twice baked gruyere souffle. Avg mains $35

2. Tastevin- My second favorite French in Sydney. Good value and nice atmosphere. Food takes a little longer here but it's worth the wait. The fresh cooked bread and gnocchi a la parisienne are my constants. Avg mains $30

3. Blue Eye Dragon- Fine dining Taiwanese in Pyrmont. Always busy and lively, the atmosphere is sophisticated but can get loud on weekends. I dream about the calamari rolls with salted duck egg and Jade's Bloody Plum Prawns. Avg mains $30

4. Harbour Kitchen Bar- This is the best quality and value weekday lunch around. Situated in a beautiful location at The Rocks Park Hyatt midweek for $39 you can enjoy valet parking, one course and a lovely glass of wine. $59 will get you two courses and $69 three courses. The service is faultless. I love the lightly grilled tuna for entree and murray cod for main.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. I agree - these locations certainly have glorious food.

    I especially love the Entrecote from La Brasserie - and the fries are amazing!

    ReplyDelete