Saturday, May 14, 2011

reality...



Well we have settled reasonably well into our new apartment. Not without a multitude of problems of course. It's smaller and colder than our last place but has wonderful light in the daytime. I'm hoping the next 6 months run smoother than the last however we have already started looking for somewhere to buy and it has stirred up a menagerie of emotions. It is a big commitment. Not just financially but psychologically. To be able to say "This is mine. This is where I live. This is now my home." Renting has no permanence and there is an odd comfort in that. The freedom to be able to pick up and move on is very attractive to me. Typical free spirited Aquarian...

As settled as I am, there is still that irritating, serotonin depleting voice in the back of my head reminding me that I am achieving nothing and not realising any of my goals or potential. It certainly is hard to be filled with dreams of greatness when you are in reality very mediocre. Still waiting for that lightening bolt. Wanting is not enough...

On the flip side I am back in the city, all my clothes are out of storage and I am surrounded by the ones I love. My days are filled with writing, cooking, cleaning :(, hugging and laying in the sun. My favourite words are sushi, coffee, DVD, bourbon, "Hi" and sleep. Change will come soon my darlings but not today.

smoother (comparative of smooth) Adjective: Even and regular; free from perceptible projections or indentations.
Adverb: In a way that is without difficulties: "the course of true love never did run smooth".

happiness
A state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.

permanence Noun: The state or quality of lasting or remaining unchanged indefinitely.

Images from E4's "Skins".

1 comment:

  1. I completely relate to you in that whole free-spirited-i-love-change-aquarian sense, as I'm no different myself. In saying that, maybe we need a bit of stability to balance our personalities out a bit! Planting yourself in one spot could be very grounding...Anyway, loved this post. Love the pictures at the top too.

    x Em

    ReplyDelete