Sunday, August 14, 2011

the falls...







































Wandering Burton Street one Sunday several months ago, I was drawn into Pocket Bar by a beautiful female voice filling the empty night. It was here that I first discovered the harmonious sounds of The Falls. The Falls are the combined creation of the very talented twosome, Melinda Kerwin and Simon Rudston-Brown. They recently played a small intimate gig at the Blender Gallery Paddington to the appropriate backdrop of the Mick Rock exhibition. I felt so privileged to experience the music of this amazing duo who once again swept me off a dark street and into a warm melodic cocoon. Their haunting rendition of The Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses" was a particular highlight for me. The Falls are currently seeking some funding for their debut EP "Hollywood". You can help them out and find out more about them here The Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment