Tuesday, March 27, 2012

downtown...

Last week I travelled down to Melbourne for the Formula 1 Grand Prix. We stayed on the 27th floor of the Crown Towers which was stunning and easily the best hotel I have stayed at in Australia. Hubs had arranged a dozen long stemmed red roses for the room on arrival and they also comped us sparkling wine and chocolate- score! Race day was an interesting experience what with the going deaf from the F18 fighter jet and the cars (even with earplugs- please forgive me eardrums!), sitting out in the sun all day and paying $6 each for a bottle of water. It was still fun though and I was psyched Jenson Button won (go McLaren!). Most importantly the food we had in Melbourne was amazing- NobuMr Hive and Greenhouse by Joost all get my thumbs up and a big thanks from my happy belly.

[images- flight/ touch/ view from our room in Crown Towers/ stems/ with compliments/ Orange Cointreau cake at Ganache Chocolate/ giddy up/ me eating of course/ Wagyu gyoza and black cod in miso at Nobu/ the tickets/ Ferrari/ Grand Prix/ Alaskan king crab and snapper at Mr Hive/ hanging out in alleys/ my new Converse/ Louis Vuitton/ chalk/ silk/ fish/ coffee and grinding my own oats at Greenhouse by Joost.]

No comments:

Post a Comment